Position: Lead Instructor
We are looking for lead instructors who are able to teach from a predefined curriculum at schools and community centers. We need you to be knowledgeable, enthusiastic, patient, and an individual who enjoys working with kids. All our camps are week long full day camps located in Palo Alto and Los Altos. You have the flexibility to work as many weeks as you want, but preference will be given to candidates who can work all camp weeks.
- Prepare for camp ahead of time by learning curriculum and deliver it in an engaging manner.
- Set up camp with laptops, projector and associated equipment.
- Provide an environment that encourages students to learn as well as aspire for more.
- Engage with students during breaks with recess activities and games.
- Interact professionally and amicably with parents, camp director, fellow instructors and staff at all times.
- At least 18 years old.
- Based out of the San Francisco Bay Area region.
- Be a jovial, enthusiastic, patient individual who loves working with children.
- Be willing to attend mandatory online camp curriculum training sessions.
- Ability to quickly learn camp curriculum and willingness to learn new programming languages.
- Excellent leadership, presentation and organization skills.
- Do everything it takes and go that extra mile in ensuring that students have an outstanding camp experience.
- Be completely fluent in English.
- Punctual at all times.
- Be willing to undergo fingerprinting, background, reference check and TB testing.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Possess own insured transportation and be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to work in the South Bay and Peninsula areas.
- Own a smartphone, computer and be willing to respond to calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Teachers or Graduate students pursuing Computer Science or related majors.
- Students pursuing Computer Science or related majors with leadership/teaching experience.
- Prior summer camp teaching experience.
- Prior experience working with elementary and middle school students.
- Tutoring experience.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of Minecraft
Paid training and $650+ per camp week